Skip to main content

Jane Eyre



I began to sew this doll for my daughters fifth birthday. It was not my first Tilda doll, I made some angels before Christmas,  a lady in red taft, a ballerina for my friend, etc. In the last year I had have remarkable less time for sewing because of my new job. But I missed it really and my children too, so I decided to find all opportunities to continue it. Currently I sew my dolls almost on the train going to work. It takes more than an hour every day in the highest calm...

So I began to tailor the pieces and sew them manually. I use for my dolls always the patterns from Tone Finnanger. I chose this pattern from The Tilda Character Collecton.


I felt calm indeed and my thought went across. At the next weekend we decided with my sister to watch Austen's Pride and Prejudice again, the BBC version of corse. Meanwhile I decided to start this Austen Project, to sew all characters from Jane  Austen's novels.

After I filled the body I felt more and more soul in the doll and began the most pleasant part: chose the fabrics and the short of the clothes. I bought on the flea markets some old fashion journal and I also searched on the net after ideas for the cloth my doll.


I found this flower fabric in brown tinge and I knew this doll must be a governess.

   

And as a governess the first character who comes to my mind were Jane Eyre, the quiet and amiable Jane Eyre. I know she is not an Austen character but she is my favourite governess and she will live in tranquillity with the Bennett misses or I hope so anyway...

After it I adjusted all details to Jane in my mind. I chose this lace for Jane. This lace is a piece of a lace made by my grandmother.

 


To create the coiffure and the face is always  the highest challenge. I found some years ago this brown skein I think it is just perfect for my dolls. If I can find the fair one too...

Next part of the project: Elisabeth Bennett
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Special edition - Made by Bori

Bori made her first skirt by herself :-) A very proud mum!!!

fruBUJO - October 2017

I really like autumn but it was not easy to keep distance from the common symbols like red and yellow leaves, pumpkin...so I stand by rain :-) Not that creative but it gave unwillingly a new line to my BUJO: black and white, lines, dotes, pure graphic. I like it an I see a lot more in it...

Christmas cards

...posted just on time :-) Made last advent for a charity advent market at the school.