Skip to main content

Jane Eyre



I began to sew this doll for my daughters fifth birthday. It was not my first Tilda doll, I made some angels before Christmas,  a lady in red taft, a ballerina for my friend, etc. In the last year I had have remarkable less time for sewing because of my new job. But I missed it really and my children too, so I decided to find all opportunities to continue it. Currently I sew my dolls almost on the train going to work. It takes more than an hour every day in the highest calm...

So I began to tailor the pieces and sew them manually. I use for my dolls always the patterns from Tone Finnanger. I chose this pattern from The Tilda Character Collecton.


I felt calm indeed and my thought went across. At the next weekend we decided with my sister to watch Austen's Pride and Prejudice again, the BBC version of corse. Meanwhile I decided to start this Austen Project, to sew all characters from Jane  Austen's novels.

After I filled the body I felt more and more soul in the doll and began the most pleasant part: chose the fabrics and the short of the clothes. I bought on the flea markets some old fashion journal and I also searched on the net after ideas for the cloth my doll.


I found this flower fabric in brown tinge and I knew this doll must be a governess.

   

And as a governess the first character who comes to my mind were Jane Eyre, the quiet and amiable Jane Eyre. I know she is not an Austen character but she is my favourite governess and she will live in tranquillity with the Bennett misses or I hope so anyway...

After it I adjusted all details to Jane in my mind. I chose this lace for Jane. This lace is a piece of a lace made by my grandmother.

 


To create the coiffure and the face is always  the highest challenge. I found some years ago this brown skein I think it is just perfect for my dolls. If I can find the fair one too...

Next part of the project: Elisabeth Bennett
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Bennet

Now, she is ready, my Lizzy... She is wearing a casual dress, maybe by walking in the forest or by visiting the pastors wife on a nice afternoon... Steps from the beginning:

summer dress for girls

I made this dress just yesterday for my daughter. I have been keeping this light linen fabric for years and now I find out the perfect purpose for it:     It was really easy and quick to sew it, no pattern needed. Just measure the width and length of your daughter and let's go: 1. For the ruffle I cut two 18*75 cm long strips  2. I seamed it with sewing machine 3. I rolled up the fabric to make the hem: 4. I rolled up the upper side to but with a longer hem to the rubber band: 5. Pattern to the lower part is very easy I made it for myself - a trapeze with two cuts for the arms: 6. Finish the lower part with hems  7. It's all:

fruBUJO - May 2017

May wasn't a successful bujo-month. When I was looking for new theme for the month May I explored "sachico" on Pinterest. Sachico is a Japanese quilting art. I was - actually I am- found of it. Love at the first sight: So I decided to translate quilting to graphic and create sachico items for my BUJO. But finally I wasn't satisfied. It looked just like a lot of dots and lines. Well, basically that would be graphic itself - dots and lines used in a unique way. But in my sachico-translation I am missing the texture of yarn and fabric, I am missing the soul.